Sunday, August 10, 2008

Well I'm a geology major.

Other than anime, music and friends I'm into rocks. So this summer I have been collecting them from all of the place while I walk. So here are some of them.

This is of Shale from Ohio. It is black and thin in sections and breaks easy.
Again Shale but of smaller version.

This is a chunk of what I belive to be sandstone, or could be a mudstone that is tightly compacted. This is a small piece of Granite I found in my neighbrohood. There is Feldspar in it on the color being pink this it has some Potasium in it. Then there is this a collction of Caclcit or other crystalen rock I'm not sure.

Then this is some fossils I found. I was near a river and found these. They are around the Carboniferous time period so around 200-300 million years old.



Now it is rear to find color in fossils that old so in geology we call that Orgianal matireal so it was cool to find color.

No comments: