Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gamer rights.

Some of you may not know but I use to be a big gamer back in the day. Well I still try and keep up with the growing video game industry and the culture around it. I read GameInformer and a couple of gaming blogs. While on Anime-Planet and Otukadan's site I came across this. http://consumerist.com/5160187/identifying-yourself-as-a-lesbian-gets-you-banned-on-xbox-live
Apparently this young lady told her sexual orientation as being a Lesbian in her gamer tag. Microsoft band her from Xbox Live and told her that is was inappropriate and not wanted on its gaming service. She her self was harassed and called obsenitys.
Now I'm not a gay and lesbain adovicte but this just has me made. I have several friends that are gay or lesbian. They have the right just like any one else to do as they please. This is just not right nor fair. In America we have the right to chose what we want to do with our lifes. If this young lady felt the need to share her onitaion it was probally for good reason as maybe she was being hit on by young men and felt she no longer wanted the male attention. Thus Microsoft has no right to band her. I understand there is clause in their contaract and I'm not sure on it but it does state something like that in there. Still though to discrimonate is not right.
Sorry for the rambel but it is just right in my mind.

No comments: